Spencer Hill brings a heavier weight yarn to the shop with Molly 100% non-superwash Merino. This 4-ply yarn is very flexible in gauge, from a light worsted to worsted. (I swatched down to a 6, but I think a 5 might work too if you're a loose knitter.) Finished fabric is smooth and has good stitch definition, making it perfect for sweaters and larger-gauge scarves and shawls. I'd love to see someone try a poncho in this one and send me a picture.
This yarn base is named for the main character in the picture book, "Stand Tall, Molly Lou Melon," by David Catrow. Even if you don't have little people in your life, you might want to check it out for the amazing illustrations and sweet message about just being yourself.
Colors from left to right:
Roz Red, Fiddlehead, Wineglass;
Crocus Pocus, Greensward, Save It For A Rainy Day, The Yarn From Ipanema;
Thanks Easter Bunny, Brick House, Good Day Sunshine;
Graisin, Bluestocking, Lettuce Begin;
12-Bar Blues, Tutu, Sunny-Side Up
Natural dye materials used may include (depending on the color) lac, madder, cochineal, logwood purple, weld, osage orange, quercitron, fustic, indigo, Saxon blue extract (indigo cooked with sulfuric acid), logwood grey, and chestnut. I mordant with alum and cream of tartar, and may also use chalk, ammonia, vinegar, or extremely small amounts of tin (only occasionally in red dyes).
Every effort is made to represent colors as accurately as possible. Click on the thumbnails for a larger view.
Approximately 218 yds/100 g
Gentle handwash in cool water; dry flat to preserve the beauty of the natural dye material. Please refer to the "Yarn Care & Knotty Problems" page for additional care information.
- Roz Red - 0 in stock Sold Out
- Tutu - 0 in stock Sold Out
- Sunny-Side Up - 0 in stock Sold Out
- 12-Bar Blues - 1 in stock
- Fiddlehead - 0 in stock Sold Out
- Bluestocking - 0 in stock Sold Out
- Greensward - 0 in stock Sold Out
- Wineglass - 2 in stock
- Crocus Pocus - 0 in stock Sold Out
- Good Day, Sunshine - 0 in stock Sold Out
- Brick House - 0 in stock Sold Out
- Lettuce Begin - 0 in stock Sold Out
- Graisin - 0 in stock Sold Out
- Save It For A Rainy Day - 0 in stock Sold Out
- What Color Is This, Anyway? - 1 in stock
- The Yarn From Ipanema - 0 in stock Sold Out
- Persimmon Granted - 0 in stock Sold Out
- Loafers & Jeans - 0 in stock Sold Out
- Mallard - 1 in stock