"Ruth" Merino singles
Here's one I think is destined to be a favorite: Ruth. My yarn bases are usually named after children's book characters, illustrators, or authors, but I had to name one for my personal hero, Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
Ruth is a 100% superwash Merino singles, which means there's only one strand (which sometimes is referred to as "single-ply"). It takes dye in amazing ways.
Quantities and photos may not reflect what's actually available at the moment; please contact me for specifics.
Natural dye materials used may include (depending on the color) lac, madder, cochineal, logwood purple, weld, osage orange, quercitron, fustic, indigo, Saxon blue extract (indigo cooked with sulfuric acid), logwood grey, and chestnut. I mordant with alum and cream of tartar, and may also use chalk, ammonia, vinegar, or extremely small amounts of tin (only occasionally in red dyes).
Every effort is made to represent colors as accurately as possible.
Approximately 400 yds/100 g
US size 2-4
Gentle handwash in cool water and wool wash; dry flat to preserve the beauty of the natural dye material. Please refer to the "Yarn Care & Knotty Problems" page for additional care information.
- Cinnamon Heart - 5 in stock
- The Yarn from Ipanema - 15 in stock
- Material World - 10 in stock
- Leaf Peeping - 0 in stock Sold Out
- 14 Carrot - 0 in stock Sold Out
- Midas Touch - 6 in stock
- Flammenwerfer - 0 in stock Sold Out
- Tweety - 14 in stock
- Fiddlehead - 10 in stock
- Extra Virgin - 11 in stock
- Sea & Sky - 11 in stock
- Kingfisher - 0 in stock Sold Out
- In the Navy - 0 in stock Sold Out
- Birthstone - 12 in stock
- Violaceous - 5 in stock
- Stormy Weather - 5 in stock
- Maple Walnut - 0 in stock Sold Out
- Cafe au lait - 0 in stock Sold Out
- Lilac - 0 in stock Sold Out